Monday, April 13, 2009

a day without paper towels

We ran out of paper towels this week - the horror.  I have a love hate relationship with paper towels and hence with their existence in our home.  They are so wasteful.  I spent a whole day without them (I had planned to spend longer but a certain someone arrived home with them).  I'm addicted so when they re-enter the house I use them.  The hand towels are inches away in just as plain sight but I grab the paper towel.  Ugh.  I need  a 12 step program for paper towels.

Like many others, I also need to break my addiction to Facebook.  I'm doing better.  Better is of course relative.  I have hidden certain people so I'm feeling better about the site but I still find myself refreshing the page.  Refreshing the page!?!?  That is so unnecessary.  I need to visit at most 1x a day.  I'm just not sure how to make that happen.  I'm getting closer though and I've stopped taking all those horribly written quizzes!  It's a start.

 In addition to de-cluttering my online life, I also need to spring clean and de-clutter the physical space around me.  I feel like I'm always de-cluttering and not really cluttering.  I guess it's that I tend to move my stuff around and even out but it's not actually gone.  I have a 3-season room FULL of furniture.  I tried unsuccessfully to sell the stuff at a garage sale and now I'm moving on to Craigslist.  Once that is done I'll feel a lot better but not great.  J has taken over the upstairs.  There are toys everywhere and after his bday it's now officially crowded and cluttered.  Honestly the only two possible cures I see for this are him outgrowing the toys or us moving.  I do hope it's the latter.  That is another blog unto itself .

This feels like wasted space.  I haven't said anything worthwhile.  To be honest, I think I'm dancing around the worthwhile.  


No comments: