Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Considerations

As fall approaches it's naturally a time of change. I used to pass a reservoir on my way to work each day, and I always noticed the seasonal turnover of the lake each fall. The mix of water color across the lake was mesmerizing to me. And not surprisingly, the beautiful scene gave me a sense of melancholy. Where changes in the spring, be it lake turnover, budding trees, or melting snow, fill me with exuberance, I get melancholy this time of year. I love fall and I can handle change. I guess I'm a summer girl though and it's harder to transition into fall regardless of how much I love it once I do. This year I can feel the itch for change and I can see that in others too.

I'm considering a number of changes, from how I interact with people to the table we eat dinner at, and my head is swirling with the possibilities. I may spend my evening at the library tonight just trying to think through it all, and only because the zoo is closed. During our visit today I could have sat in the aquarium for hours. I made a mental note to return there with a notebook some rainy afternoon.

Do you feel an autumnal desire to make a change or changes in your life? I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours - comment below! Okay, okay I'll give you a sample, but it's a utilitarian change, nothing exciting. I'm hoping to change how I approach my computer time with a 'Kick the E-mail Habit 30-day Challenge.'


"When you're finished changing, you're finished." - Benjamin Franklin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My changes this month are more to do with stuff then people. I am ridding our lives/house of stuff. I feel like I am always trying to do this, but with Bob's house being cleaned out in 3 days it really hit home how stuff is just that. I am on a mission to change how I view stuff. I only want stuff around that makes me smile. When it stops making me happy it needs to go and go quickly.