Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Thanks

My last post seemed a bit more negative than I'm actually feeling. Though our feng shui is surely off and little things are continually popping up to throw a wrench into one or more aspects of our life, I'm still very grateful. I had wanted to post a gratitude list - some may call it giving thanks or perhaps even Thanksgiving - for a few days now so here it is.

I am very grateful for:
my very best friend of more than a dozen years and hubby for ten - D.
our nearly 9 month old baby boy, J who has changed every molecule of our lives.
our home which every year is truly more and more a home and less just a house.
friends - all of them, all over the world.
family and the more prominent desire to share them with J.
season though I'd really prefer longer spring, summer and fall and less winter.
my pets - though all of them are a challenge, they've enriched my life and I have learned a lot.
the opportunity to stay at home and start two businesses.
the space & support to try new things.
family - they deserve another nod.
D - he deserves at least three mentions.
J - he deserves every mention as he exists somewhere in each and every blessing.
the 51% of the US that believes in America and the potential greatness of change.
savings.
independence.
being needed.
being appreciated.
being loved.
acceptance.
a good haircut.
physical therapy that IS working.
friends - again.
D & J again and again and again. :)


Namaste.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Thanks for writing your blog about thanks. You're on my list too.