Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Because it's time . . .

. . . to post, but it'll be bullets!

Tonight was J's first late night.  He did not get to bed until 10 p.m. - poor tired boy.  We had a dinner party out with D's coworkers.  Wish we could have spent more time, but thanks to the weather that was not possible.  It took us a little over an hour to get there - Main was a parking lot and hence we arrived late.  But we arrived much earlier than others.  Getting home was worse because the snow had turned to freezing rain.  I thought surely J would sleep on the ride home, but nope.  

My clothes don't fit.  It's a problem.  They fit last month but now, nope.  Was it the Christmas cookies?  Maybe it's that I stopped nursing?  Or maybe my dryer really IS shrinking all my pants.  Hmmmm.  In any case I'm making the gym a priority.  It's not my favorite place, but until the weather breaks I don't have a choice.  I have my first trainer appointment tomorrow (assuming the roads are plowed and I can get out of the driveway).  I'm seeing Elizabeth again - my on again, off again trainer for the past 5 or so years.  I can't even do a sit-up I discovered at ab class last week.  Nice.  I looked like a flopping fish on the floor - embarrassing.  

I got a lot accomplished so far this week.  I have J's cake designed for his party ( I thought it would take longer or I would have procrastinated as usual).  I contact a real estate agent and he's coming to the house next week (it's a perfect time to sell, right).  The freelance job is going well - I have the work all scheduled out.  The t-shirts are a bit behind but I think we just got over a hurdle so I'm excited for what should be coming.  I found an hourly daycare for J.  I was excited to use it until tonight when I cringed to see him next to a baby with a cold.  I know he'll get sick - it's natural, but I'd still like to postpone it as long as possible!  Ugh.  I thought there was more, oh well.

I got my new computer - a Mac.  I'm still learning little things and have more to learn.  It's for work.

Speaking of computers . . . I barely blog anymore if you haven't noticed.  I'm never on MySpace anymore either.  And I'm not so sure about Facebook.  I have a love/hate relationship with it.  I'm addicted to my Lil GreenSpace (or whatever it's called).  I think it breeds discontent if overused and I'm overusing it.  

Cleo is home.  We picked her up today.  I most often think of her in the evenings.  Some nights I still expect to see D carrying her up the stairs.  With that said, I actively avoid thinking about her because I just get upset.  That sounds bad.  Maybe that's not exactly what I meant, but I do avoid dwelling and over thinking so as not to get upset.  That sounds better.  It's hard to explain.

Sirachi Hot Chili Sauce can NOT be substituted for "chili sauce' in a recipe.  FYI.  Happy HOT Chinese New Year!  

No comments: