Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Resolute

Okay, its day three and I’m finally settling on some resolutions.

1. Getting my/our finances in order. I believe this will involve a financial planner. I know we can save more – I just know it. We need to have some self-control. Maybe having some concrete things we’re saving towards will help us stay focused.. I’m taken in by the commercial where the financial planner is at the child’s graduation (or vacation property) because they were so inetegral in making dreams come true. Really? Are they? Hmmmmm.

2. Running. I may need to lose my holiday weight gain (and then some), but my resolution is not to reach a particular number, be it on the scale or clothing rack. I want to run. I want to be able to label myself a runner. I talked to my trainer in November about a plan. This will be my year! My first goal is to run the EcoThon comfortably. That's the key, I’ve run it before but never comfortably. I want it to act as a starting point for a whole season of running.

3. Getting organized. The house is finally starting to look and feel great. Now I need to get organized. This will be no small task. This includes all my files, the outside room, basement, attic, cats (they are currently secondary citizens and they need to come up in the ranks). I know I will be having a yard sale this spring and everything truly must go. I’m considering taking an entire week off of work to accomplish this task. The problem is that I must wait until spring for a yard sale, but I do not want to wait that long to get some things organized.

4. Reducing my ecological footprint. I fly – a lot, and I know that’s bad for the footprint. But I’m a vegetarian and that should counter it (and then some?). Regardless, I’ve learned some simple things I can do and I’m going to put as many into place as possible. I scored a 45 today on one site and a 30 on another - so we’ll see where I’m at in a year.

5. Becoming more decisive. I’m not sure when it started, and maybe it crept up slowly, but I’m often paralyzed by indecision. It’s ridiculous. Often times I’m attempting to make too many people happy. Other times, I really don’t know what I want. I need to be figure out a way to better tap into what I really want and how I really feel.

That’s it. Of course there are on-going resolutions. I will continue to strive towards those as well.

- Figuring out what I want to do when I grow up. I like my new job, but it still doesn’t feel like it’s what I’m meant to do or my passion
- Having a well-rounded and consistent exercise plan (see #2 for this year’s specifics)
- Eating better (i.e. more fresh food) – I DO know how to cook so maybe I could actually do that once in awhile. We eat far too many of our meals from containers in the freezer or cupboard – that is when we’re not eating out or ordering in.

No comments: