Friday, August 31, 2007

#31

My last pre-mommie birthday has come and gone. It was good!
I was instructed to arrive to work a little late Thursday morning. This wasn't a problem because I had to clean the back porch at 6:30 in the morning. Cleo took one step out and pee'd. She smelled a skunk nearby, and having been sprayed a few years ago she wanted nothing to do with it.
So she wasn't planning on going any further into the yard. Ugh. It was dark out and I didn't want to venture in a skunky yard either to find the hose so I took jugs of water out and washed the porch off.
When I arrived at work, I saw my tropically decorated
cubicle. I was just starting to let St. John filter out of my cells and suddenly it was back. I'm not complaining! The cubicle was covered in aqua tissue paper and pictures of fish - plus there were signs to the beaches, coconuts & a Ting! The floor was even covered in tissue paper "water."
Next was lunch out at CPK - yum. That was fun plus D surprised me by showing up with flowers! I'm omitting the chocolate he brought because I still can't eat it - maybe next month. I knew ice cream was waiting back in the office, and 1/2 that Ting Soda. [Ting is a grapefruit soda made in Jamaica and sold throughout the West Indies. It's super yummy and can be ordered online - I need to do that.] I waited as long as I could (3:35 exactly) for Ting and ice cream but I just couldn't wait any longer. I had Lime Cardamom and Strawberry Buttermilk ice cream - so good. It was from Jeni's.

After work D & I went to Sr. Antonio's for my favorite salsa and cheese enchiladas. I didn't get sick - it was great. At home I got a
snuggly nap set as a bday gift. Best of all, not only did we pay of my student loans for my birthday, BUT D checked his balance and it was pretty low so he paid it off too! No more student loans! WOO-HOO!. I even stayed up late last night (9:30pm - crazy, I know).
Today I took a vacation day and slept in. I'm feeling a lot better today and haven't even had to eat every 2hrs. I hope this is a change for the better and setting a trend of feeling better through fall, winter & spring. Tonight friends are joining me for dinner at the Melting Pot - and maybe if I'm still feeling good and not exhausted, a movie.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Instructed"? You were tipped off? No! Someone broke the cardinal rule of cube-decorating (which is "pretend you're not expecting it (even though you are) and your friends are to behave exactly as though they're not planning anything (even though they are)."

Glad you had a good birthday!!

Shannon said...

Glad it was good!!

hugs,
SL