Wednesday, February 20, 2008

February 2008

I haven't posted in nearly 2 months! Maybe I can at least do once a month and this will be my February '08 entry. I wonder if anyone visits this anymore or if everyone has given up. I don’t think I ever had that many readers anyway – of course I don’t really know because they’d all have been lurkers except the usual suspects who are often kind enough to comment. Though I have not been very good at reciprocating lately.
Anyway, I’m not sure that I’ve missed the blog or just missed my voice. I’ve been keeping up with some blogs and looking for more actually. I’m not sure how to find a stranger’s blog that I like but that’s my goal. It’s not a big goal, as in I’m not actually trying to meet it. I have way too many other things on my plate. But it is something I think about occasionally so for lack of a better term I’ll call it a goal.
I’ve been back to MySpace and Facebook also. I still like the former best and am glad to see some of the changes that they’ve made to be like Facebook. I really don’t get all the applications and games on Facebook though I must say it’s better than surveys on MySpace. I vowed not to even join Facebook but I was lured in by a friend overseas – a friend who now rarely gets onto the site. Sigh. She’s bad at online and I’m bad at phone calls but neither of us want to lose touch. It’s tricky.
If you’ve read some of the old entries you may remember we did a substantial amount of home remodeling & repairs over the past year or more. We finished up this fall, but have continued to do this and that. We’re mainly organizing. I hate the work but love the outcome. I even bought a labeler and have been using it (judiciously though). The kitchen was by far the largest undertaking but I’m really happy with it. It needs work cosmetically but the cupboards and drawers and all the items inside are organized – and yes, labeled. Our list is dwindling, it’s a good thing.
At this point the gorilla in the room (or blog) is being talked around and is at least for me it’s noticeable. I’m not avoiding the gorilla; I just plan to address those updates in a separate blog. I just needed to get back and get myself out there a bit.

No comments: