Sunday, November 23, 2008

Wherefor art thou . . . .

. . . Mallo Cup?

I was watching Good Morning America on Friday. They had a teaser for an upcoming section on discontinued products. And what did I spy on the table but my love, the Mallo Cup. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
I called my mother immediately. Why? Because each year she buys me a package of these delightful chocolates. I had to let her know of the horror. She can only find them in one place these days. I will be stocking up over the holidays. I hope their supply lasts.
I cannot bear to think that baby J will not know the flavors of the Mallo Cup. It's bad enough I'll look like a crazy woman whipping out things like records, tapes, and by then even cds! Now I must add to this the yearly removal of the Mallo Cups from the freezer (hopefully not freezer burned).
The only glimmer of hope is that GMA is wrong. Boyers Candies shows no sign of discontinuing the product on their web page. However, maybe they've discontinued updating that too though.
Teaberry gum, Necco waffers, and some other lovely products were also displayed on that table. I don't chew Teaberry gum often at all, but I'll miss Hershey's Teaberry ice cream! Maybe the two are not tied together and I'll still be able to enjoy the latter - ya know every 7 years or more when I find myself in Cooks Forest at the Hershey's Ice Cream stand. I'm like a locust in this respect.

No comments: