Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mi Vida Dos

What a difference a month makes, well for some things.
I had hoped and planned to be blogging more often than once every few weeks. In time, I'm sure that can happen. I'm now able to shower daily without sacrificing eating so we're moving right along.
We celebrated Father's Day a week early because my gift for D was an activity that starts this week, and D had accidentally scheduled himself to work on Father's Day anyway. Jokingly, well in part jokingly, D said all he wanted from J was that he (J) sleep through the night. And wouldn't you know it, J slept 8 hours Sunday night! He'd done a couple 6hr stints and even a 7 once or twice but never a full 8 hours. Happy Father's Day, D! Of course last night he reverted back to 6 and his midnight snack took quite awhile with J's inability to burp or be burped. We feel like we're on the cusp though and soon 8hrs will be ours, and his, nightly.

As for the bottle/breast battle I spoke of, it changed quickly. I'm certain the war is not over, but the battle has a victor. J decided he would nurse saving me the double-duty of feeding by bottle and then pumping. It is a time saver and everyone is happier I think. The only side effect we've noticed is that J has become a mama's boy. He wants to be with me all the time and even D cannot soothe him. This makes me worry that any time we've gained by eating from the source is going to be lost with soothing tantrums. We'll see.

The plan I hear from D is that he and J will be doing some outings when I have work to do. I'm not sure what those will entail but I think the bonding time will be good. Speaking of work, I have an appointment with an accountant later this month. It's much later than I wanted but it's the only slot that worked. In the meantime, I'll be working on cover letters for vendors and my resume. I'll probably email past colleagues too even though they are the reason I really need my FEIN.

I'm starting a second business as well. I'm protective of it right now but will start to talk about it more as I get things done. I don't want to talk a lot about it in case it falls through or something. I will say that the first thing I'll need to do after talking to an intellectual property attorney is to commission some artwork. So if anyone knows any artists or graphic designers looking for short-term freelance work let me know! I'm at a loss for how to find these talented people to work with me.

That's the update. I hope to write more soon - on more varied topics and perhaps something a bit more in-depth into one subject or area I'm mulling over rather than what could be a bulleted list (I do love those).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1.) I like the new look! Where do you find these templates? I haven't ventured outside of blogger's provided templates, but I need a new look and I just might have to follow your lead and get adventurous. 2.) I might be able to hook you up with a potential designer. It's the husband of a friend of mine, and last I heard, he'd started his own graphic design business. He's really good. I'll email her and find out what he's doing now and if he's interested.