Sunday, April 25, 2010

Deliciously Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

After making the granola recipe last week, I got to thinking about my plan to create a version of it that would mimic a local restaurant's peanut butter cookie. With a bin full of granola bars, I thought I'd just tackle it as a cookie. I had no idea how easy it would be! I googled the cookies over at All Recipes and found one with great reviews and only THREE ingredients. I decided something that easy was worth a try. The reviewers did not lead me astray - these cookies are really good. They will become a staple. I can already see a lovely little Hershey kiss sitting upon them when I make holiday cookies. If only Daffin's made kisses. I've been shaving bits of my chocolate bunny off onto these cookies! Delicious. Enjoy!

Below is the recipe, as found here on All Recipes.

1-cup peanut butter
1-cup white sugar
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all ingredients.
Drop by teaspoon onto a baking sheet.
Bake 8 minutes.


The recipe mentions it does not make many so I doubled it. I also baked the cookies on parchment paper as the recipe did not indicate whether the sheets should be greased or ungreased. Lastly, I did make a change to the recipe by adding a 4th ingredient (vanilla) as well as a 5th for half the batter (salted peanuts). That local restaurant I mentioned, North Star, has salted peanuts covering every inch of the top of their very large cookies. I decided to go that route with half. The mix of sweet and salty is wonderful. I'm not a huge peanut fan so I think I will add a pinch of salt to the batter next time to achieve more depth. They'll still be super easy.




No comments: