Friday, March 18, 2011

money back guarantee

I'm still here and still doing P90x! I realize hiding outside the realm of blogdom so no one could find out I quit DOES sound like me. However, no, that's not the case. I've actually been busy, really busy. We left the day after the last blog entry and spent four days in Pennsylvania, mainly Pittsburgh, to celebrate my mom's birthday.
D did a ton better than me in keeping with the fat shredder portion of P90's nutritional plan. The first night at dinner I lasted about 10 minutes in the presence of soft pretzels before they had to be mine. Otherwise though I had salmon and the next night was simply veggies & tofu so I didn't do horribly but I didn't do great. We were also unable to do the workouts though we'd hoped we could. Bleh. But we came home and got back on the wagon, well for a few days. We had 2 birthday parties, one was at our house for J and then strep hit. What a mess. So we've really had only two half weeks instead of two full weeks. Yeah, there goes our money back guarantee.
With that said, we do keep going back and pushing play. We do our best, and forget the rest. We're still going - and D is still doing better. I really love how easy it is for guys to lose weight. That's totally awesome. I really like to continually hear about the downward spiral of the scale. In exchange I retain water, that's how I roll. Clearly the difference is annoying, but I'm not letting it get to me this time, at least not yet. Really.


In other news, my baby is three! He seems like such a big boy . . . nearly potty trained now, taking a swim class without me, refusing to use his booster seat, and using his imagination all the time! I'm just glad he still likes to cuddle. I love that with me he decides we'll be cats or birds - I'm the momma and he's the baby and we're in our nest cuddling. Love it.
What else do I love? Yes, carbs but I was thinking something other than food. Spring! I have crocus that are blooming as well as both daffodil and allium about to bloom. It's 68 degrees, and though I'm writing this with strep, sick and in bed, I have all the windows in the house open to enjoy this year's first, full day of spring. I think my meds are working, and I hope tomorrow it's still warm so I can enjoy it a bit. I might have to get outside and run - turning tomorrow into a double!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Keep up the great work!! You are doing so well with the P90x!

Donnell said...

You are doing just as good as me. You just have had more bad luck with the sickness. You are doing great!