Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Yeah! Yoga!

I was really nervous about P90x. Then I was really annoyed by having to change what I eat. Finally, I was simply overwhelmed with this being added to my already over-flowing plate. In addition to the four "events" I'm planning over the next couple months, and my work to get work, I'm also still involved in all my pet projects AND thought now would be a good time to start potty training a certain little man.
Between potty training and P90x, I have landed upon an unlikely mantra, 'It's always darkest before dawn." It seems like just as I'm about to drown myself in a toilet, J has a break through. And just as I'm getting negative about P90x (yep, already), I have an awesome workout.

Last night was Shoulders & Arms and I was less than enthusiastic. I was actually contemplating bailing on Ab Ripper after the arms workout . . . yes, feeling that negative. Well, I've got to say I really liked the Shoulder & Arm workout! I felt really strong, and I'm not sore at all - yet. I'm doing lighter weight but higher reps because I'm not looking to add bulk anywhere. Still, I'm not wussing out either with the weight. I stuck with it and did Ab Ripper too, and it was just as difficult as the first time. I can't wait to see those 6-pack abs I surely have, hibernating maybe a little more than "just" below the surface.
I feel like I'm starting to hit a groove though. I'm not as cranky about the food, and I'm not craving carbs. I'm really excited about yoga tonight too. I know it will be intense - I've already watched the video in preparation. Still, I'm looking forward to it. I won't lie, I'm really looking forward to Savasana. I've been wanting to get back into yoga - and here it is. Yeah! Yoga!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am very impressed!! You are doing a great job!