Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Update #1

We went to Texas this past weekend for the first of our three showers. I’m feeling really spoiled – three showers. We have family down there, including D’s mom who cannot travel. It just seemed to make sense to have one there, plus it made sure we got to see everyone for the holidays. It was a nice long weekend with gorgeous weather compared to what we’re used to. We had brunch at the Gaylord Texan – very nice. The buffet was comparable only to the one at Caneel Bay. As a vegetarian, I found plenty to eat though the non-vegetarian would have been even more wowed. I got to see my family who I haven’t seen in forever, and some cousins I’d never even met before. I got more gifts than I ever expected including tons of cute gender-neutral clothing. I think I now own every single gender-neutral item that Carter’s sells. Even with all the gifts, I couldn’t curb my newest obsession with baby clothes. I made my own purchases also. Having cleaned out Carter’s I moved on to Gymboree. They had woodland creature clothing on clearance. How could I pass up onesies with chipmunks and squirrels? It was all I could do to walk away with only two items. D had to help me maintain composure – I think he was mainly worried about there being no room left in our suitcases. This was a valid concern, because upon checking our bags at the airport, one was over the weight limit by 4 lbs. We just popped it open and took out the diaper bag full of baby clothes to be a 2nd carry on and WA-LA, crisis averted.

As part of the baby shower extravaganza we’ve had many of our “big ticket” items arrive on our doorstep. The nursery is in no shape to accommodate these items as we still haven’t gotten rid of the current furniture inhabiting the room. I feel like the holidays are causing me to procrastinate and everything will rain down at once come January 2nd. We’ve started being a little more proactive though by posting some of the before mentioned furniture on Craiglist. Once it’s cleared out and the holidays are over we’ll be able to move all the boxes in to the nursery and start assembling baby furniture. I’ve already bought the nursery bedding and chosen the paint color – we just need time to take care of it all. I’m trying to be patient and not stress but it’s getting more and more difficult. It’s just my nature I think.

No comments: