Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Update #2

Everyone asks me how I'm feeling. Maybe because I felt so crappy for so long. Well, I feel good though last week I felt squished. I’m very short-waisted and my belly must have expanded yet again recently because I’m feeling like I have more room. It’s cyclical, and there seem to be a few days here and there where the belly hasn’t caught up yet and my insides feel quite squished and uncomfortable. I’m hoping to make it through this month, if not beyond for doing shots in the belly. The thighs may end up being a fine place, but I’m used to the belly and hesitant about change. I have to do these the whole time so there’ll be plenty to go around for the belly, legs and arms. Fun times.

I’m not really having any crazy cravings. I have noticed in general that my appetite has increased in the past week or so. For instance, instead of a sandwich for dinner, I really feel like a need an extra ½ sandwich to go with it. I barely gained any weight at my last ob appointment (only 1lb) but I think it will even out when I go in this month. I think I will finally have out-gained D who has been keeping up and actually surpassing me with his sympathy weight gain. I appear to only be gaining weight in my belly which one the many, many, many old wives tales says that means I’m having a boy. We did have our ultrasound, but could not agree on finding out vs. not finding out (the sex). I was the hesitant one, so as a compromise (which I’m not told is actually torture) we had the doctor write it down and seal it in an envelope. That way if I change my mind we can open it and know. Part of me does want to know, but part of me is enjoying the self-control I’m emitting. It’s a challenge against myself. The longer we wait, of course the more I think it’s “safe” to look (as in we won’t be bombarded with only pink or blue clothes) but also that it’s less worthwhile because we’re closer to just having the surprise.

Back to cravings, while I don’t think I have any cravings I do have a lack of them. I used to crave chocolate daily – especially dark chocolate. Now I find dark chocolate (most of it anyway) rather tasteless. Not that I’m really into milk chocolate now, I’m just not that into chocolate. I haven’t been doing sweets nearly as much as before I was pregnant. I guess that’s better. I must say that yesterday we went to Jamba Juice for lunch and the smell of fresh oranges was nearly intoxicating. I smelled them again at work today – not sure why, maybe someone had a gift basket. I like orange juice, but not oranges. They’re way too much work. But I can’t stop thinking about them, and now I want one. I guess I could just juice it and have fresh OJ. That’s as close to cravings as I’ve come though since before I knew I was pregnant. I had an overwhelming need for kalamata olives (which I was actually only just learning to like) so I bought a big container and munched down a handful of them. By the next day they were once again nearly appalling . . . and I quickly moved on to a cupcake obsession.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing about your journey with the rest of us :) I don't think I would have lasted a week with that envelope! I have zero self control.