Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Blog of Randomness

  • A fellow blogger has inspired my list of random thoughts because I like reading hers and because I don’t have anything going on [in my head] to warrant a single-topic blog.

  • I’ve been traveling a lot lately. I get to stay home for at least the next two weekends which I’m really excited about. I guess if I can’t be in the Caribbean I might as well just be at home. I hope I actually get some stuff done around the house. The ‘to do’ list is annoyingly long and I’ll feel better when it’s shorter. I’d feel even better if D was the one shortening it, but I know I must do my part.

  • One thing on the list is getting rid of all the “clutter” I removed from the house. This includes furniture, crystal, old crap and so much more. Look for it soon on Craigslist or Ebay. Surely someone will find every single thing a treasure.

  • I almost got a tattoo this past weekend, and I almost wrote a blog all about it. Sadly neither will happen. I suppose it’s all for the best.

  • I had to give SIX vials of blood yesterday also. I’m sorta glad my doc only does the basic thyroid tests each time if that’s what it takes to do all the in-depth stuff.

  • I start a drawing class tonight. It’s nothing major, just a little 4-class thing the Arts Castle is offering. BUT this morning I got this horoscope: “Today you may discover a hidden talent, Shannon, one that you could likely profit from in the future. It may be that you feel inspired to pick up a paintbrush or do some creative writing. What starts out as a lark rapidly turns into something more. Even you may be surprised by what you are able to create. A bit of support from someone learned in the field is all the encouragement you need to embrace your talents and make a commitment to develop them to their fullest potential.” Yeah!

  • On the flip side, I asked T’s mini, Magic 8-ball two questions yesterday. I didn’t like its answers, but it’s a stupid toy anyway so who cares. Well, once they come true I care, damn it. I hate the Magic 8-ball – stupid toy.

  • I've been getting back into watching movies lately, but I must say most have not lived up to my expectations. I've seen Pirates 3, The Last Kiss, The Painted Veil, and Because I Said So. The last was almost comical - it was that bad. I really want to see Shrek 3 and Knocked Up. I hope those will turn things around.

  • This may be really old news, but I wake up to the radio as my alarm and last week a spoof song was playing. I forget the artist's name right now and don't feel like Googling it. He turned Sir Mix-a-lot's Baby's Got Back into a folk song. I loved it. D thought it was lame. Whatever, that's what makes it so good! Check it out on YouTube if you're so inclined. Perhaps I'll come back and make a link to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I thought "Because I Said So" was cute. The only bad part was Diane Keaton at points...I love her, but she was TOO good at playing the obnoxious, overbearing mom, and at a few points I really wanted to kill her.