Tuesday, July 17, 2007

a change in my name

At this point I'm thinking just changing the blog name to "Learning to List," "Lists of random crap," or "My life in lists" would be more accurate of what I'm doing here. Indeed, today I again have no one subject to write about, yet the blog calls me to post an entry. I have no one thing to write about, though when doing these lists something always stands out to me.



My art classes are done for now. I took 2 at my local community art place and they are done. I'm not sure if I'll take more or not. I have purchased some beginner essentials for drawing and watercolor, but I have not done either on my own. Shock. I need to find down time first. As my lack of blogging might indicate, I've been busy.

Our trip to TX is drawing near. Flights are booked, plans are being discussed, movers are being called. I volunteered to babysit my niece and nephew one afternoon. I'm not sure what I'm getting into, but I'm sure I can handle it. They seem very well behaved. I'm a little rusty on diaper changing, but I recall it's rather self-explanatory. Soon all of my in-laws and a very sizeable portion of my family (maternal side) will be living in the country, um I mean state, of Texas. ;)

The summer of house remodeling is underway. We have bids in from 1 of 3 plumbers and hope to have the rest by the end of the month. The front porch has no floor currently but by end-of-day tomorrow it will have a brand new one. This weekend I'll be getting some plants for out there - yeah! We've found a carpet company we think we like, but now we have to find a carpet we like that doesn't "smile." We have three samples here, but of course they all make this face and I'm concerned about that. I need to do more research and check a few more samples. I can't wait until I no longer have to carry a scardy-cat dog up our stairs!

While remodeling, I'm also working to get artwork in storage framed and hung. I got a matt-cutter a couple years ago, but I've yet to really understand how to use - or use it. This is the stumbling block for getting the rest of the pieces up. Perhaps I can focus and master it this weekend. I'm also trying to locate the best place/way to print a photo onto canvas and have it stretched. I have all my beach pictures that are jumping at the chance to live outside the computer.

Typing is messing with my newly painted fingernails so I need to stop. Vanity wins here. I can't have smushed polish on my nails!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know what you find out about printing photos on canvas! That sounds cool.

And what do you mean about carpet that "smiles"?