Monday, July 23, 2007

Peanut Butter Mini Cupcakes

I bought a couple cupcake books last week during the height of my cupcake obsession. One is supposedly the only cupcake compendium I will ever need (500 Cupcakes), but I actually like the other better, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.
This weekend, I visited Pink Moon cupcake shop in Powell. Very cute. I had the double-chocolate cupcake but personally found the buttercream frosting too overpowering. Maybe the chocolate cake just wasn't chocolately enough for me. D had a dark chocolate cupcake with some chocolate chip cheesecake baked on top, and THEN cream cheese frosting. Well, I hate cream cheese frosting in general, but the cake part of his was superb.
I spent a good part of yesterday building up my bak
ing supplies. I don't bake often and my supplies were either gone or in tatters. I decided to go with quality pieces. I visited William Sonoma for the cupcake pans, and I was surprised to see they were nearly the same price as what I'd seen at a department store. I visited a few other stores to pick up all the other bits and pieces and then went home to bake. Yeah, I stopped and got the ingredients too. I don't even have flour and sugar on hand regularly. Maybe I just need to completely overhaul my cupboards so I can find the stuff if I do have it.
Anyway, I let D choose the first cupcake flavor. Not surprisingly he chose Peanut Butter Cupcakes (with chocolate ganache). Since these are going to work with me (and some with D) I decided to make mini cupcakes that would go farther. We taste tested them last night and give them a thumbs up! So now it's up to you, my readers from MGH, come get a mini cupcake today and let me know what you think!

I'm going to try to do this weekly. We'll see. I'm not sure what flavor is next week, but the week after a certain flavor has already been requested:
Crimson Velveteen Cupcakes (think red velvet but not dayglo red).

For those of you not able to get to MGH or D's store for a sample. At least enjoy the picture below:


1 comment:

Shannon said...

They were yummy!