Sunday, April 15, 2007

over-thinking

I didn't re-read that last blog, but did I mention over-thinking? I get sucked into it. I think it could be part of the indecision. But so is my ridiculously tight grip on life.
I'm going after change. I can do it.
BUT that opens the door for thinking, planning, questioning, and generally driving myself and others crazy. Fun. So now I need to just STOP IT!
Ugh.
Nothing is going to be perfect and I need to make choices and live with them. By the time I weigh ALL the options, the options change. Or, my favorite, I add to the options. There's the times when I'm trying to decide between nearly opposite things, conflicting things, or nearly identical things. It's enough already.
So if I really want to do something, have something, be something, go somewhere, etc. I just need to do it. Now, in my own defense, I often simply don't know what I want.
How can that be?
Or more importantly, how can I figure out what I want?

And lastly, does "over-thinking" have a hyphen?

No comments: